[protege-owl] delete indivuduals

farzit achraff13 at hotmail.fr
Wed Mar 18 03:22:32 PDT 2009

my program code is:

import java.io.File;
import java.util.Collection;
import java.util.Iterator;

import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ProtegeOWL;
import
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.inference.dig.DefaultProtegeDIGReasoner;
import
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.inference.pellet.ProtegePelletJenaReasoner;
import
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.inference.pellet.ProtegePelletOWLAPIReasoner;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.inference.protegeowl.ReasonerManager;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.inference.reasoner.ProtegeReasoner;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.OWLIndividual;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.OWLModel;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.OWLNamedClass;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.query.QueryResults;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.*;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.graph.query.Query;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.query.QueryExecution;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.query.QueryExecutionFactory;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.query.QueryFactory;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.query.ResultSetFormatter;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Model;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.ModelFactory;
import com.hp.hpl.jena.vocabulary.ResultSet;
import javax.swing.JDesktopPane;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.SwingUtilities;

import java.util.Map;
import java.io.*;

public class ProtegeReasonerExample {
	public static void main (String[] args)
	{
final String
ONTOLOGY_URL="file:///C:/ontologies/Protege_3.4_beta/reuses.owl";
try {
			// Load the ontology from the specified URL

			OWLModel owlModel = ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(ONTOLOGY_URL);

QueryResults resultsss = owlModel.executeSPARQLQuery("PREFIX
reuses:<http://www.owl-ontologies.com/reuses.owl#> SELECT ?hasnameelemnt
WHERE { ?Element reuses:hasnameelement ?hasnameelemnt}");
		       while( resultsss.hasNext()){
					Map map=resultsss.next();
					System.out.println(map.toString());
				    }

	        OWLIndividual yourIndividual =
(OWLIndividual)owlModel.getOWLIndividual("Rayon");

	        try{

	          if(yourIndividual != null)
	          {

	            yourIndividual.delete();
	            System.out.println("::::::::::////////////::::::::");
		        QueryResults resultsss1 = owlModel.executeSPARQLQuery("PREFIX
reuses:<http://www.owl-ontologies.com/reuses.owl#> SELECT ?hasnameelemnt
WHERE { ?Element reuses:hasnameelement ?hasnameelemnt}");
			       while( resultsss1.hasNext()){
						Map map=resultsss1.next();
						System.out.println(map.toString());
					    }
	          }
	          else System.out.println("try later");

	        }catch(NullPointerException e) {
	          e.printStackTrace();
	        }

} catch (Exception e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

}

I made resultsss and resultsss1 to be sure that "Rayon" was deleted, the
program works very
well. but when I open the file to save it, I find the element "Rayon".
and when I execute many onces the program i have always the same result (it
recorgnise "Rayon" (normally it shoudn't because it was deleted the first
once and  after that it deletes it)
PS: there is only one file, one project "reuses"