[protege-owl] A complex p4: DL Query

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 18 08:26:24 PDT 2009

> So query is like: "Select members of the class whose(class) value
> for hasName is FRED".
> So
> query should first chose one of sub classes of classA(based on
> hasName) & then return the individuals that are members of that
> class.

If an individual is a member of a subclass of classA then it is also a
member of the classA.  I think perhaps what you want is the most
refined subclass of classA.  Or all the classes containing the
individual?

In any case  you will have trouble using  the dlquery tab to do  this
in one query.

> I am able to separately fetch both values but struggling in merging
> them into a single query.

The dlquery tab doesn't have the ability to return pairs of owl
entities.  You can't return a list of <individual,class> pairs.

-TImothy