[protege-owl] A complex p4: DL Query

babar shahzad babarathotmail at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 11:12:24 PDT 2009

>If an individual is a member of a subclass of classA then it is also a
>member of the classA.  I think perhaps what you want is the most
>refined subclass of classA.  Or all the classes containing the
>individual?

I want to retrieve individuals that are direct members of a sub class. Like, individuals are declared in ' Individual Tab ' & are assigned to a class using ' members'
button. So those individuals that are member of a class.

>The dlquery tab doesn't have the ability to return pairs of owl
>entities.  You can't return a list of <individual,class> pairs.

No, i do not need to fetch pairs. I briefly describes all scenario in answer to kaarel.

I need to send coordinates in query, & query using those coordinates, 1st finds the specific shelf with having those coordinate values & returns the individuals contained in that Shelf.  So what send is coordinates & results are individuals contained in the shelf that has those coordinates.

I hope this is bit more clear .

Babar Shahzad Chaudary,
+358408532112
Deptt of Information Processing
Science,
University of Oulu, Finland.

> So query is like: "Select members of the class whose(class) value
> for hasName is FRED".
> So
> query should first chose one of sub classes of classA(based on
> hasName) & then return the individuals that are members of that
> class.

If an individual is a member of a subclass of classA then it is also a
member of the classA.  I think perhaps what you want is the most
refined subclass of classA.  Or all the classes containing the
individual?

In any case  you will have trouble using  the dlquery tab to do  this
in one query.

> I am able to separately fetch both values but struggling in merging
> them into a single query.

The dlquery tab doesn't have the ability to return pairs of owl
entities.  You can't return a list of <individual,class> pairs.

-TImothy