[protege-owl] A complex p4: DL Query

babar shahzad babarathotmail at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 13:00:14 PDT 2009

Thank you Timolthy for your guidance.

I was bit concerned about this hierarchy. OK, I need to make Store a stand alone class
Look at this kindly if you have some time.

1. Store has some Shelf {1,2,3}
2. Shelf has some location{X,Y}
3. Product isLocatedIn some specific Shelf

Individuals:
- InventoryItem
- named subClass of Product{1,2,3}

There is not a big change in over all structure as store was a kind of an abstract class(doing nothing) as do are its two subclasses i.e. Product & Shelf  that are already separate classes. All functionality held in sub classes of these 2 subclasses i.e. Product & Shelf. So there will be no change(where functionality exists) what so ever despite of making store a stand alone class.

I conceive it like that. Forward me if you have some comment.

But my question about query remains there.
I think you tried to tell me how to write this query(under), sorry but I do not understand it at all.

> The products on a shelf with a given location?  Maybe something like
> inv(hasProduct) some (Shelf and locationX some float[>=11.0,<21.0] and locationY some float[>=11.0,<21.0])

Babar Shahzad Chaudary,
+358408532112
Deptt of Information Processing
Science,