[protege-owl] How to Open an ontology using my plugin

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 18 13:15:17 PDT 2009

OK, so when you start protege programmatically, you must load an OWL
file. What does your plugin do with that initial OWL file? Does it just
drop it?

If so, then you should generate the OWL content in that initial OWL file
that you opened. To get the owl model in your plugin, you can call:

OWLModel owlModel = (OWLModel)getKnowledgeBase();

Then, you add all the content in this owlModel.

If you are using this approach, then whatever changes you do to this
ontology, it will be automatically reflected in the UI.

Tania