[protege-owl] How to Open an ontology using my plugin

Waqas Ahmed wqs.ahmed at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:25:58 PDT 2009

let me be more specific. i have written a plugin (i didnt wanted to write it
as a plugin but for some reasons now i have to) that connects to a database
server and transforms a relational database into an owl file. i have used
jena api at back end for all transformations. now once ontology is
generated, i can check to see if there is change in database, addition of
deletion of new tables. if there is a change, that change is made in the owl
file we generated in step1. now i have to implement it as a tabwidget. every
thing is working fine but when i generate an owl file (using jena, not
protege apis) i only have to open this file file in same protege instance on
click of a button in my plugin. hope you understand. ... it does not matter
if existing ontology drops off.

Regards
Waqas Ahmed