[protege-owl] Unique cannonical serialization (using Subversion or some such)

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed Mar 18 15:33:57 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Eric Peterson wrote:

>> Instead, you can use the native writer which you can configure from
>> OWL
>> menu -> Preferences -> Experimental native writer. If you will also
>> enable the 'Sort resources alphabetically' checkbox, then the output
>> will be repeatable across different Protege work sessions.
>>

> I tried this and had about 1700 diffs resulting from about 30
> additive edits on my part and a handful on my colleagues part.  But
> maybe you didn't mean that this was sufficient for a total solution.

Wow, was it really that bad?
I might have expected something like that for the change-over from the
Jena writer to the experimental one, but not for diffs from just the
experimental writer.
Oh, well.  I'm glad you found a solution with Protege 4.