[protege-owl] loading OWL file

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Mar 19 08:54:48 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 4:07 PM, Waqas Ahmed wrote:

> HI, i want to open owl file in in protege 3.3.1. i want to know that
> how an owl file can be loaded in protege from java code.i have a
> tabwidget that has to open an owl file on click of a button. it is
> similar to the procedure as we open owl file from File-> open menu,
> can someone please tell me what call protege make when we require to
> open an owl file from menu.

You can explore the Protege source code at:

   http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/

and look at the way the menu item is handled.  Unfortunately, I'm not
familiar enough with that process to be able to steer you more
directly to a file there.

Note that to actually see the code, you need to click on the revision
number.  The file name link just gets you the log comments.