[protege-owl] Unique cannonical serialization (using Subversion or some such)

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Mar 19 15:46:40 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Tania Tudorache wrote:

> I'm wondering if Eric forgot to check the "Sort alphabetically" check
> box. That would explain the many differences when using the native
> writer.

Hmmm.  Looking at some of our results, it seems that the real issue is
that the sorting is only at the top level.  So that while the class
definitions and the individuals will be in the sam relative position,
property values will not necessarily preserve their order.  I suspect
that may also be true for restrictions on classes, but I didn't check
that.

For individuals, the properties are not in alphabetical order, and
neither are the values if a single property has multiple values.

I'm not suggesting that this be done, but if one wanted to have a
canonical serialization, then there would need to be more levels at
which sorting would need to happen.