[protege-owl] [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] one query Sparql is ok in Protege3.3.1 but fail in Progete3.4

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 20 18:10:53 PDT 2009

Ha Luong,

If you want to use the Protege 3.x series, I recommend that you use
Protege 3.4.

There is actually a bug in the SPARQL execution that assumes that you
have a default namespace defined in the ontology (reminiscent from the
old Protege namespace implementation..). This is fixed now and the fix
will be available in a patch release.

As a quick workaround for you, you can define a default namespace for
your ontology, and the query would run fine in Protege 3.4. Go to the
Metadata tab, and click on the "+" icon on the "Namespace Prefixes"
panel. A new prefix will be generated for you (e.g., p1 ->
http://www.domain2.com#). Just delete the prefix (p1), so that you will
have an empty string in the prefix part. So your default namespace would
probably look like: http://www.domain2.com#. It doesn't really matter
what it is, you can change it.

Tania