[protege-owl] SWRL and Datavalue type

mbikinyi brat mbikinyi_brat at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 08:44:11 PDT 2009

Dear ALL,
I have two different instances with two different datavalue types. There are the  classes Battery and BatteryContoller with instances Battery_1 and BatterController_2 with datapropertyvalues of Battery_1 being the strings "Economic" and "Social" and the data property value of BatteryController_2 being "Economic". The dataproperty is "hasSustainabiltyFactor". I now write the following rules to obtain Instances that have sustainability factor "Economic"(Rule 1) . I expected  Battery_1 and BatterController_2  as the results. This results is given but Battery_1 appears twice, I do not know why? See screen shot.
I write the second query(Rule 2) to get instances with datavalue "Social" and I still obtain same result as in the case of Rule 1. I expected only  the instance "Battery_1". Can someone help please? See the rules below and the screenshots
Rule 1: PVSystemTechnology(?x)  ∧hasSustainabilityFactor(?x, ?Economic)→sqwrl:select(?x)
Rule 2: PVSystemComponent(?x)  ∧hasSustainabilityFactor(?x, ?Social)
  → sqwrl:select(?x)

Regards,
Nan