[protege-owl] An issue after importing "date time" values with DataMaster-causes problem to Pellet

Matsokis Aristeidis aristeidis.matsokis at epfl.ch
Mon Mar 23 09:15:36 PDT 2009

Dear Csongor,

In your previous mail you mentioned: "XlSQL-Y8 can deal also with correctly formatted date and time fields!".
Is there a way you could guide me to make the right format?(original data in csv file)

The case is that I have already instances with Birth_Date and End_Date dateTime properties.

Step 1
Thus, prior to importing the instances of the xls file attached, I change the Birth_Date and End_Date properties Range of the ontology from "date time" to "string", then I import the data through DataMaster. The result is the following:

*        Sheets 1,4 work with the Pellet 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 BUT do not work with SWRL (swrl doesn't see them as date-times)
*        Sheets 2,3 work with the Pellet 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 AND do work with SWRL

>From the results, I chose sheets 2 and 3, since I am using SWRL to make queries.

Step 2
Then, I change the Birth_Date and End_Date properties Range of the ontology from "string" to "date time", because it makes the interface more user friendly!

*        After changing datatype (Birth_Date and End_Date) properties to date time (and their widget). All of them (sheets 1,2,3,4) make pellet create the exception shown in doc file.
*        When I change back Birth_Date and End_Date properties Range of the ontology from "date time" to "string", it is consistent!

Of course this is not a solution because when there will be numerous datatype properties to change, this will be impossible.
Is there a suggestion?
I thought that making the right format in xcel, since "XlSQL-Y8 can deal also with correctly formatted date and time fields!", may provide a solution. Since it will be imported with the right xml format... Is there a way you could guide me to make the right format so that datamaster would recognise it as date time and not as string?(original data in csv file)

Please find attached: the excel file, the exception doc and the original data csv file.

Thank you very much in advance,

Aristeidis