[protege-owl] An issue after importing "date time" values with DataMaster-causes problem to Pellet

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 23 12:14:43 PDT 2009

Hi Aristeidis,

Looking more deeply into this issue I have discovered that my earlier
statement was not fully accurate.

DataMaster can deal with the JDBC DATE, TIME and TIMESTAMP column types
which it translates to xsd:date, xsd:time and xsd:datetime RDF types. I
also extended xlSQL to be able to deal with Date and Time, but
unfortunately it is not able to deal with timestamp/datetime. This is a
restriction of the jExcel driver or maybe Excel itself, so I can't do
much about that.

Anyway you can check Sheet5 and Sheet6 for solutions of how to format
Excel columns to be importad as dates and times. If you really need
datetime you have to use a database that has a JDBC driver that can
produce TIMESTAMP column types. Just as an example for alternative
solution (though not the most powerful) is to convert your Excel table
into an Access database and import the content of that Access database
with DataMaster through an ODBC driver. The ODBC driver can produce
xsd:datetime properties (but no xsd:date or xsd:time).

Csongor