[protege-owl] An issue after importing "date time" values with DataMaster-causes problem to Pellet

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 23 13:25:29 PDT 2009

Following up on this, I thought I will test my recommendation of using
MS Access and ODBC data sources, and I realized that there is an even
more straightforward solution. You can create an ODBC data source that
refers directly to your CSV file, and_ if you format your csv file
properly_ the ODBC driver will recognize the file as a database table
and the type of the Birth_Date and End_Date columns as datetime, and
DataMaster can import the instances properly directly from your CSV file.

See attached the modified file that DataMaster can import correctly on
my machine (i.e. with my regional settings)

You can make a diff between your CSV file and mine to see what you
should be careful about when you create your CSV files in the future
(e.g. don't leave space after "Birth_Date" and before the comma; do not
use quotation marks and the separator 'T' in the timestamps, etc)

Csongor