[protege-owl] Namespaces of imports are not stored in importing OWL file using the API

Simon Paradies simon.paradies.ext at siemens.com
Tue Mar 24 06:54:27 PDT 2009

Dear Protégé Community,

When importing an ontology using the API, e.g.

ImportHelper importHelper = new ImportHelper(importingOntology);
importHelper.addImport(importedOntologyURI);
try {
  importHelper.importOntologies(false);
}

the NamespaceManager afterwards is aware of the prefix of the imported ontology
(i.e. the default prefix set in the imported ontology; let's assume
"importedPrefix").
However, if the importing ontology is saved afterwards this prefix is not
persisted in the importing ontology's OWL file.

I.e. in the importingOntology.owl file, instead of getting
xmlns:importedPrefix="http://www.test.test/ImportedOntology.owl#"
I get
xmlns:j.0="http://www.test.test/ImportedOntology.owl#"

Is this a bug or a "feature"?

Cheers
Simon

P.S.: I presume this is also valid using the GUI.