[protege-owl] Namespaces of imports are not stored in importing OWL file using the API

Simon Paradies simon.paradies.ext at
Tue Mar 24 06:54:27 PDT 2009

Dear Protégé Community,

When importing an ontology using the API, e.g.

ImportHelper importHelper = new ImportHelper(importingOntology);
try {

the NamespaceManager afterwards is aware of the prefix of the imported ontology
(i.e. the default prefix set in the imported ontology; let's assume
However, if the importing ontology is saved afterwards this prefix is not
persisted in the importing ontology's OWL file.

I.e. in the importingOntology.owl file, instead of getting
I get

Is this a bug or a "feature"?

P.S.: I presume this is also valid using the GUI.