[protege-owl] Jess rule engine 's performance!

Truong Thi Thu Hien truong.hien at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Mar 24 17:11:40 PDT 2009

Thanks Martin very much for your explanation.  I check the run time of
JESS in some cases: first run time when the rule is fixed and model data
size is changed, second run time when data size is fixed but the number
of rule is change. With the growing of rules, I keep them in simple form
only, for example: if x is A then set value of x.checked is true, y is
B.....  Generally, in such case the run time grows linearly, except some
special points. For example, the result as following:
Rules              Time(ms)
5                     1100
10                   1210
15                   1298
20                   1345
25                   1410
30                   1478
35                   2100
40                   2189
I check again and again but it returns the same result. I dont know this
problem cause by rule engine itself or by the implementation of ontology
model. If anyone has same trouble, please share me your experiences.
Thank you!

TTT Hien