[protege-owl] online SPARQL query tool

babar shahzad babarathotmail at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 04:16:13 PDT 2009

thanX Tania,

Sorry for inconvenience, it was kind of a mess really.
change of lab may also disperses thoughts.

I refine question about exporting an ontology to some triple store: Actually I am concerned about namespaces. Like there is a query on Jena-SPARQL tutorial,

PREFIX foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
SELECT ?url
FROM 	<bloggers.rdf>
WHERE  {
    ?contributor foaf:name "Jon Foobar" .
    ?contributor foaf:weblog ?url .
}

I am concerned about " FROM <bloggers.rdf> " part. Since I am using Allegrograph, I saved ontology as RDF/XML,
say 'example.owl' & exported it to triple store created using Allegrograpg. Since I am having difficulties in
running queries against it, so I am concerned about should I use 'example.owl' at 'bloggres.rdf' place ?

I have one more question about inferencing. As Authors of SEMANTIC WEB FOR WORKING ONTOLOGIIST: JIM HENDLER et al
says" RDFS: operates on small no of inference rules that deals mostly with relating classes to sub classes &
properties to classes. OWL: builds further to include constraints on properties & notion of equality".
So when we export our Ontology to a triple store, whats the matter with those needed(say) inferencing that's is
supported by OWL ???

 Babar Shahzad Chaudary,

+358408532112
Deptt of Information Processing