[protege-owl] Storing An OWL-DL Ontology Using a Persistent Database

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:29:59 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Basically we are implementing an application that will create OWL-DL (with
instances, object properties, axioms, inference services) ontologies using
Java code we are using The OWLAPI for this. We are looking for a practical
and efficient means of storing these ontologies and still be able to do
everything that we can do as if they where .owl files. Are there any safe,
complete, and practical means of doing this using My/Postgre-SQL and some
third party layer on top? Again we would like to create concepts, instances,
properties with their respected domain and ranges, inferences services,
sparql querying (everything we can do with say TBC and and owl file) on the
fly using our own Java implementation and a "nice :)" triple store.

Thank you in advanced for your responses, I really appreciate it,

Ninus