[protege-owl] OWL instances integrated in a BPEL process

Pitonyak, Andrew D PitonyakA at BATTELLE.ORG
Thu Mar 26 07:36:40 PDT 2009

I read your question a few times and I am not certain what you are asking...

You defined an Ontology. The nature of the Ontology is not important unless you want to drive your workflow using the Ontology. You do not state that you want to direct your workflow using the Ontology.

BPEL does not know about OWL. I assume that you must write Java code that is called from your workflow (BPEL). Your java code would create your desired ontological elements. I assume that you have some mechanism to create/start a workflow process. I assume that you can either call the java code to create the desired ontological elements at this point, or set an initial automated workflow task to do this for you.

From: protege-owl-bounces at lists.stanford.edu [mailto:protege-owl-bounces at lists.stanford.edu] On Behalf Of Kosala Yapa Bandara Bandara
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:27 AM
To: protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
Subject: [protege-owl] OWL instances integrated in a BPEL process

Hi,

Hi  I have defined a Context Ontology for web services using OWL. [Eg. Functional Context, Syntax Context, Semantic Context etc.] I want to generate context instances at the BPEL process runtime.[Eg. user ID, an instance of Syntax Context]

Issues:
1. How to integrate owl ontology definitions with BPEL process enviornment? I am using OpenESB with Netbeans 6.1.
2. How to generate context instances automatically at the BPEL process generation?

I really appriciate someone's opinion or possible direction.

Thank You
Kosala