[protege-owl] Storing An OWL-DL Ontology Using a Persistent Database

Paul Libbrecht paul at
Thu Mar 26 08:13:56 PDT 2009

I'll be interested to hear your results.

In Intergeo we have decided to rely on a mixed approach:
- an OWL-DL format for exchangeable storage and for axioms
(inheritance, validation...)
- a hibernate-based web-application for editing, with tuned user-
interface, which sends "updates" to an OWL-API server
- a lucene index used in auto-completion for users to access the nodes
(which is a language of annotations)
The web-application is reset every night based on OWL-API parsing.