[protege-owl] web application

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 26 14:20:30 PDT 2009

Inspired by WebProtege [1] (which is after all "just" another web
application that deals with ontologies), I have used the Google Web
Toolkit [2] with the GWT-Ext widget library [3, 4]. There are also other
libraries that work with with GWT, like Ext-GWT [5, 6] and SmartGWT [7,
8]. SmartGWT provides an especially powerful mechanism of automatically
propagating changes in both direction between client and server [9] (a
very useful feature when building enterprise applications) and will
probably be used also by WebProtege in the future.

And of course, as Martin earlier said, there are many other technologies
that one could use.

Csongor

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/WebProtege
[2] http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/