[protege-owl] Possible to use Protege's SWRL syntax via SWRLFactory API?

Michael Lodemann milo at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Mar 27 07:34:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

is it yet possible to build SWRL rules programatically with the API
using a string like this:

SWRLImp imp = factory.createImp("Person(?p) ^ hasAge(?p, ?age) ^ swrlb:greaterThan(?age, 17) -> Adult(?p)");

... and at the opposite: How do I retrieve this underlying syntax-string
out of a DefaultSWRLImp object? And another question: how can I use the
programatical rule validation mechanism? DefaultSWRLImp.isValid() seems
to be obsolete.

btw: Has the JavaDoc location moved? For example
http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease_javadoc_owl/edu/stanford/smi/protegex/owl/swrl/model/SWRLFactory.html
results in a 404 error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michael