[protege-owl] can't reuse property names?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 27 15:26:45 PDT 2009

Theoretically you should be able to. We know that there might be a bug
related to deleting properties that are still cached somewhere and
Protege therefore thinks that they are not really deleted, so you cannot
create a new property with the same name. The problem is that we cannot
reproduce this case.

So, is this a problem that is always reproducible for you? If yes, can
you please send us the exact steps you do (tab, widget, etc.), so that
we can reproduce it and fix it?

Did you do this in client-server mode or in stand-alone mode?

If you restart Protege, you will be able to create the property with the
same name.

Thanks,
Tania