[protege-owl] quering similarity

alebleng alebleng at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:27:14 PDT 2009

Hi! I'm new to OWL (and ontologies in general) and I'm trying to model the
following problem:
I work in a hospital and we have 200 patients that executed tests, the
result of each test is a number (1 to 100). We have a finite group of tests
(50)  which are executed with different parameters (leading to different
difficulty levels). Each patient executes tests for a period of 2 months and
may execute many times the same test. We have a patients database storing
demographics data (for example age, city,..) and the execution of the tests.
I have two problems:
- try to model this reality in an ontology and
- try to query it to answer questions like given one patient, find all the
patients that are "similar" to him. The similarity measured in terms of  for
example his age, the city he comes from, the number of tests he already
done... trying to find semantically similar profiles of patients according
to different properties and relations I think it could work..