[protege-owl] Need help writing into an Ontology using ProtegeOWLAPI

Kosala kosalayb at
Sun Mar 29 15:54:13 PDT 2009

Hi Lavanya,

I do have the same issue. I am also looking for a method to create instances
from OWL classes. I want to create instances in a BPEL program.

lavanya_k wrote:
> I am new to this type of development. I have a project deadline and really
> appreciate any help in this regard.
> Thanks,
> Lavanya.
> Hi,
> I have developed an ontology using Protege-OWL 3.4
> I want to create an Instance of a class using Java. The class has data
> properties.
> I looked at the Protege development documentation and I was confused
> little bit.
> Are there any code examples available to see how this is done. I wanted to
> see where the main() and the class related code is written.
> Thanks,
> Lavanya.

Sent from the Protege - OWL mailing list archive at