[protege-owl] OWL + SQWRL + Jena + Query

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at
Thu Apr 1 09:34:43 PDT 2010

SPARQL is an RDF query language. If your queries are extremely simple,
then you can use SPARQL with OWL if you serialize it as RDF - though it
will have absolutely zero understanding of OWL's semantics.

Unlike SPARQL, SQWRL was designed from the outset to be an OWL query
language. There is extensive SQWRL documentation here: