[protege-owl] Can OWL Class Expressions be used in SWRL Rules

Timothy Redmond tredmond at
Thu Apr 8 15:13:51 PDT 2010

On 04/08/2010 02:07 PM, Rodolfo Rieckhof wrote:
> Hello everyone
>  what i really meant was to ask, if with the swrl editor form Protege
> 4  we could define rules with owl class expressions like :
> ClassA(?a) & (min 1 op1(?a)) -> ClassE(?a)

It looks like it can't.  This is not a limitation of the underlying owl
api but some limitation of the SWRL editor.  I will investigate this.

Martin's SWRL tab (coming in a bit) will fix this because the rule
editor will be rewritten.

[1]  <>