[protege-owl] [p4-feedback] How Protege store and save the data?

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 12 07:02:22 PDT 2010

On 04/12/2010 05:25 AM, aden ali wrote:

> Hello everyone !
>
> I’m working on Protege and my work consists of developing a Plugin for
> Protege 3.4, my plugin is about new concept of building an ontology
> using Protégé.

Since this question is about Protege 3 and not Protege 4, I am
redirecting this question to the protege owl mailing list [1].

> To do so I have stated to work and create the interfaces using Java on
> Eclipse.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1) Can someone tell me how protégé store the data and how can I save
> my work on Protégé?

Protege 3.4 is an ontology editor and the primary data saved is in the
ontologies.  Probably you are working with OWL so the ontologies are
saved as OWL files.  As a plugin developer, you don't generally have to
worry too much about storing the data as Protege has existing mechanisms
that take care of this for you.

[2,3] are a couple of web pages that talk about what is involved in
creating a Protege plugin.

-Timothy

[2]http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/index.html
[3]http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege3DevDocs