[protege-owl] Problem with & loading an OWL XML

Erick Mendoza Moral emendoza at ita.es
Tue Apr 13 08:58:03 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have written a Java program that generates an OWL XML file using an
XSL, so I had to use the escape '&' instead of the character '&'.
When I try to load the file using Protégé 4.0 I get an
NullPointerException caused by this line:

<DatatypeFacetRestriction facet="&xsd;minInclusive">

If I change the escape sequence for an ampersand character:

<DatatypeFacetRestriction facet="&xsd;minInclusive">

then the ontology loads succesfully. I had more escaped ampersands in
the OWL XML file, but I only get problems with this one. Anybody knows why?

Thanks in advance.