[protege-owl] Doubt about the SWRL Tab

Anthony Ramalho anthony_andrey at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 12:43:11 PDT 2010

Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry because I'm new with Protege and don't have much knowledge about Java and Programming.

I'm using Protege 3.4.4. I installed the Jess reasoning and started trying to create a SWRL rule to infer that an instante could have a property.

I defined a property "hasRange" connecting a sensor with a range level. My intention is simulating a flow through my process. So, I defined that a sensor has level "high" and wrote this SWRL rule:

hasRange(High,Sensor1) -> hasRange(low,Sensor2)

I thought that if I didn't define the range for my Sensor2, my reasoning could infer that it was "low" or If I defined another range, "normal" for example, it could change it to "low" or show me an error message. But when I'm running the "Reasoning" options, I'm not having any of these results, as it's ignoring my written rule.

Does anyone know how to implement this? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony