[protege-owl] Problem with & loading an OWL XML

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 15 09:02:25 PDT 2010

On 04/14/2010 12:30 AM, Erick Mendoza Moral wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, so, are you meaning that the OWLXML parser
> doesn't interpret escape sequences properly? I make this question
> because my OWL file has more than 2500 lines and it's full of escaped
> ampersands, and the parser only misinterpret the
> "&xsd;minInclusive" ocurrences.

I am saying that by changing &xsd; to &xsd; you are changing the
meaning of the ontology.  As far as I can tell the OWL/XML parser is
interpreting escape sequences properly.  Before you make the change
&xsd; is being transformed into "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#"
based on the !DOCTYPE statement at the top of the file.  After you make
the change &xsd; is simply being interpreted as the string &xsd;.

It makes sense to me that by making these changes you are changing the
meaning of the owl xml file across the board. I suspect that this is
simply the first one that does not parse.

I don't know a lot about !DOCTYPE processing so I do not yet know where
the standard is that describes this.

-Timothy