[protege-owl] Null Pointer Exception on Property URIrename/delete

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:40:03 PDT 2010

> "Is there anything else that might be a factor?"
>
> The only one I can think of is that the server is running version
> 3.4.4 while the client is using 3.4.3.  You mentioned that "the server
> and the client would (probably) need to have the same version", is
> there a specific reason for this?

This is very probably the problem.  The interfaces on the server and the
client need to correspond.   The default behavior of java is to be very
conservative about this.  So it is possible that what you are seeing is
that we have not over-ridden this conservative behavior somewhere.
However if that were the case you would probably be seeing some other
errors regarding bad serialization.  So I suspect that the difference is
some real (probably small) difference in the behavior of the server and
the client.

Is there any reason you can't update the client to 3.4.4?

-Timothy