[protege-owl] [p4-feedback] How create a OWL model for my plugin?

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 16 08:28:51 PDT 2010

> Currently I’m working with Protégé 3.4

Since this is about Protege 3.4, I am redirecting this to the
protege-owl mailing list.  Instructions for joining this list can be
found here:

> My first question is: How can I use owl model? How I could intergrate
> owl model with my work that I did in Eclipse?

When Protege loads your tab, Protege will provide your tab with a
pointer to a representation of the OWL Model.  You can obtain access to
the Java representation with the following call within your tab:

    OWLModel model = getOWLModel();

or alternatively, if you are using the Protege frames version of the
AbstractTabWidget

    OWLModel model = (OWLModel) getKnowledgeBase();

> How, when I click in save button or edit some function or delete a
> concept, can be edited or deleted, and saved by Protégé.

To edit or delete concepts in the owl model use the OWLModel api.  There
are documentation pages about this but I am offline at the moment.  I
will send them in a follow up post.

> How can use a file to save the data or a project?

Protege takes care of saving your owl file.  Your plugin doesn't have to
do anything.

> How create a OWL model for my plugin?
Protege will take care of this for you.  I usually start by playing with
the pizza ontology that comes with the Protege 3.4 distribution.

-Timothy.