[protege-owl] Protege OWL and restrictions

Mariusz Chmielewski mchmielewski at
Sun Apr 18 16:46:34 PDT 2010

I have been testing several constructions In my ontology to achieve simple

1.       I have defined 3 Enumeration Classes A1 A2 A3 (each of them with
set o f3 individuals I1A1,I2A1,I3A1.. And so on)

2.       I have defined a class C1

3.       Property C1-A1 C1-A2 C1-A3

4.       Then I define two subclasses C1_1 C1_2 of C1 which consist of value

a.       AllValuesFrom restriction

b.      With two optional restriction -  exactly 1 (for mendatory value) or
max 1 (for optional value)

When I create the individual protégé shows proper form for defining
individuals (red border for exactly 1 - no border for max 1) for properties
but when I add SomeValesFrom all the form elements have red border.

What is the idea for properly defining optional and mandatory properties to
fill while defining class restrictions?

Thanks in advance