[protege-owl] Pellet and rdfs:Cl;ass in Protege 3.4.4

Patrick Cassidy pat at micra.com
Sun Apr 18 18:53:57 PDT 2010

I find that the Pellet reasoner in Protégé 3.4.4 cannot handle “<rdfs:Class”
declarations.  I find them convenient to distinguish metaclasses from
ordinary classes, but the Pellet reasoner in Protégé 3.4.4 (and before that
in build 533) declares every class as inconsistent when that is used.  When
I convert the rfds:Class declarations to owl:Class, the problem disappears.

Is this a feature or a bug?  If a bug, is there any possibility that it will
be fixed?

I don’t see that problem with earlier versions of v3.4 (3.4beta) or Protégé
4.  I much prefer the visualization in version 3.4  to that in version 4.0.

Perhaps there are ways to convert the visual presentation in version 4 to
look like that in version 3.4?  I looked but couldn’t find it.

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.
908-561-3416