[protege-owl] Going beyond pizza

Albert Secure albertsecure at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 05:51:28 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to model three classes - Food, Disease, Patient with Protege OWL
(P4.1 Alpha), I want to say:
 If (WhiteBread isBadfor Cancer) and (Jane hasDisease Cancer) then I should
be able to infer all the food (e.g whiteBread)which Jane shouldAvoid. Or if
(lemon isGoodFor DVT) and if (John hasDisease DVT) then I can infer all the
food (e.g. lemon) that John shouldTake. Jane and John are individual under
the class patient. Also give a food called rice, I should be able to infer
Jane and John are the individual that can take rice.

How do I model the above so that I can use the reasoner to infer the results
I want. I am not sure if this is possible, as it is no longer just one
domain like the pizza example, the reasoning has to cut across patient ->
Disease > Food, I cannot find any example similar, hope someone can help or
shine some light on this. Attached my work in progress owl file.
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2017315/whatoeat.owl whatoeat.owl

Albert