[protege-owl] Adding deprecated anotation causes Error while parsing ontology created in Protege4.0.2 with OWLAPI when reopening ontology

Karin Michel karin.michel.ebsi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 08:52:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using Protege4.0.2 because I need to use the SKOS plugin, everything was
working well until I used the deprecated annotation available in built-in
SKOS anotations

Since, I can't load my file file I get the following errors :
RDFXMLParser
org.coode.owl.rdfxml.parser.OWLRDFXMLParserMalformedNodeException: missing
owl:object triple.
OWLFunctionalSyntaxOWLParser
org.coode.owl.functionalparser.ParseException: Encountered "<" at line 1,
column 1.
Was expecting one of:
    "Ontology" ...
    "Namespace" ...
     (Line 0)
etc.
I read following message which speaks of similar problem :
https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/2009-August/012010.html
But it doesn't help me.

I tried to uninstall/reunistall Protege 4.0.2. same problem. I can load
without any problem another ontology or the same file from a backup but when
I tried to continue editing it, I got the same error once I use the
«deprecated» anotation field .

Any idea of what the problem could be ?

Thanks

Karin