[protege-owl] Going beyond pizza

Albert Secure albertsecure at
Wed Apr 21 06:55:10 PDT 2010

Thank you so much for your advise. Thomas.

Thank you for making me aware of this role chain function under the object
properties. though I can hardly find any documentation on this topic. Anyway
I have played with this role chain for a while and finally get to a point
which the reasoner seems to be able to infer something (a long list with
some redundant items) on the "property assertion' view. I am not sure what I
have done is correct or not Please could you see the attached file.

here is what I have done based on your advise:
1.	Change foodstuff like lemon, rice and whiteBread from class to individual
2.	Change the disease like cancer, DVT and diabetes from class to individual
3.	Create the relations like Jane hasDisease cancer, John hasDiseaseDVT,
4.	Change the domain of shouldTake and shouldAvoid from Disease to Patient,
the range remains to be Food
5.	I create hasFavourableFood as the inverse of isGoodFor; hasCautionaryFood
as inverse of isBadFor
6.	Under the hasFavourableFood object property, I add the property chain
“hasDisease o hasFavourableFood”;  similarly for hasCautionaryFood.

Albert whatoeat_v2.owl
Sent from the Protege OWL mailing list archive at