[protege-owl] Eliminating "subclass" relationship using OWL 2 API

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Apr 22 15:31:06 PDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Pishava wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using OWL 2  API to create an ontology. As a part of work, I
> need to remove "subClass"  relation (axiom) between two classes,. I
> couldn't find anyway to do this.
> You could please point me to the right methods in  OWL  2 API to
> perform this task?

Perhaps something using

   OWLOntology.getClassAxioms() or OWLOntology.getAxioms(OWLClass) to
get the class axioms, then finding the appropriate SubclassAxiom
instance and removing it with OntologyUtils.removeAxiom(...).  That
seems like it should be the way to go.