[protege-owl] Assert inferred property so SWRL/Jess can see them

L M 828bwv at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:04:06 PDT 2010

Dear Protege-OWL list,

I am on version 3.4.1.

How can I assert inferred property values so that the SWRL/Jess tab can
access the inferred knowledge?

An old thread explains that SWRL/Jess has no access to the inferred
knowledge of the reasoner (Pellet 1.5.2). For example, the reasoner
successfully deduces transitive properties of individuals (right click on
"Get inferred property values"). However, SWRL/Jess has no access to those
inferred property values.

The Clark & Parsia FAQ's explain that Pellet can work together with SWRL (
http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/faq/rules/). Does that indeed solve the above
problem in allowing the reasoner to work directly with SWRL rules?
Unfortunately, I have no way of testing this. It seems to be a plug-in for
version 4.0.1. I cannot install that plug-in (not sure why, but perhaps a
firewall -- grateful for any help regardin this as well!)

Thank you.
LM