[protege-owl] Problem installing Pellet plugin for version 4.0.1

L M 828bwv at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 01:19:46 PDT 2010

Dear list readers,

I cannot install the Pellet plugin for my version 4.0.1. I tried three ways.
I appreciate any help and insight into the problem.

Thank you
LM

Try 1: PC at work. I go to File -> Check for plugins -> Protege reports in
small dialog window that there are no plugins to install. I don't think this
is correct because no plugins were installed yet. Can this be due to some
firewall? If so, why does Protege not report that there is firewall? Second
thought: is there some configuration/search URL I can change so Protege can
successfully locate plugins?

Try 2: Mac at home (no firewall). I go to File -> Check for plugins -> A
list appears including option to install Pellet plugin. I click to install
Pellet. It takes forever (the mouse pointer is spinning), but operation
seems to be frozen (pointer does not stop spinning), so I force quit
Protege.

Try 3: PC at work. I download the Pellet package from Clark & Parsia
webpage, and place it in the plugin folder of version 4.0.1. I open Protege
but there is no option to load a Pellet tab or something in that manner.