Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-owl] Problem installing Pellet plugin for version 4.0.1

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 27 17:14:10 PDT 2010


>
> Try 1: PC at work. I go to File -> Check for plugins -> Protege reports in
> small dialog window that there are no plugins to install. I don't 
> think this
> is correct because no plugins were installed yet. Can this be due to some
> firewall? If so, why does Protege not report that there is firewall? 
> Second
> thought: is there some configuration/search URL I can change so 
> Protege can
> successfully locate plugins?

Some firewalls interfere with the ability to view web pages without 
special proxy settings.  This could interfere with the auto-update 
mechanism.

>
> Try 2: Mac at home (no firewall). I go to File -> Check for plugins -> A
> list appears including option to install Pellet plugin. I click to install
> Pellet. It takes forever (the mouse pointer is spinning), but operation
> seems to be frozen (pointer does not stop spinning), so I force quit
> Protege.

I don't know why this would happen.  But  it would be interesting to  
see the console information (the console application on a mac should 
show this).   Maybe you would see where the download gets stuck.  When 
you start Protege up again pellet does not show up as a reasoner?
>
> Try 3: PC at work. I download the Pellet package from Clark & Parsia
> webpage, and place it in the plugin folder of version 4.0.1. I open 
> Protege
> but there is no option to load a Pellet tab or something in that manner. 
There is currently no Pellet tab.  Pellet shows up in the list of 
reasoners in the reasoner  menu.  Also depending on where you loaded the 
plugin from, it will either work only with Protege 4.0 or only with 
Protege 4.1.   Though this is subject to change at any time, you can 
currently down load the latest 4.1 plugin from [1].

>
> http://clarkparsia.com/*pellet*/*protege*/plugin/com.clarkparsia.*protege*.plugin.*pellet*.jar 
> <http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/protege/plugin/com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar>
>
> However, the plugin seems to work only for version 4.0.x

If  it works with 4.0 then it will not work with 4.1.

-Timothy



[1] http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/protege-4.1/plugin/com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar


On 04/27/2010 05:29 AM, L M wrote:
> I was able to install the Pellet plugin by directly downloading the 
> jar file from
>
> http://clarkparsia.com/*pellet*/*protege*/plugin/com.clarkparsia.*protege*.plugin.*pellet*.jar 
> <http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/protege/plugin/com.clarkparsia.protege.plugin.pellet.jar>
>
> However, the plugin seems to work only for version 4.0.x
> It does not seem to work for version 4.1.x
> (at least, "Pellet" does not appear in the "Reasoner" menu). Is this 
> correct, or did I miss something?
>
> Thanks again.
> LM
>
>
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:19:46 +0200
> From: L M <828bwv at googlemail.com <mailto:828bwv at googlemail.com>>
> To: protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu <mailto:protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> Subject: [protege-owl] Problem installing Pellet plugin for version
>        4.0.1
> Message-ID:
> <y2q41a05e601004270119s845240b6rb8d771f487bd374b at mail.gmail.com 
> <mailto:y2q41a05e601004270119s845240b6rb8d771f487bd374b at mail.gmail.com>>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Dear list readers,
>
> I cannot install the Pellet plugin for my version 4.0.1. I tried three 
> ways.
> I appreciate any help and insight into the problem.
>
> Thank you
> LM
>
> Try 1: PC at work. I go to File -> Check for plugins -> Protege reports in
> small dialog window that there are no plugins to install. I don't 
> think this
> is correct because no plugins were installed yet. Can this be due to some
> firewall? If so, why does Protege not report that there is firewall? 
> Second
> thought: is there some configuration/search URL I can change so 
> Protege can
> successfully locate plugins?
>
> Try 2: Mac at home (no firewall). I go to File -> Check for plugins -> A
> list appears including option to install Pellet plugin. I click to install
> Pellet. It takes forever (the mouse pointer is spinning), but operation
> seems to be frozen (pointer does not stop spinning), so I force quit
> Protege.
>
> Try 3: PC at work. I download the Pellet package from Clark & Parsia
> webpage, and place it in the plugin folder of version 4.0.1. I open 
> Protege
> but there is no option to load a Pellet tab or something in that manner.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03
>    

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20100427/5bf9a40b/attachment.html>


More information about the protege-owl mailing list