[protege-owl] Packaging, not reasoning bug

Kendall Clark kendall at
Wed Apr 28 12:12:08 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM,
<protege-owl-request at> wrote:
> If I type "2010-01-01 0:00:00", then Pellet understands, but Hermit throws a
> "MalformedLiteralExpression" error. If I type "2010-01-01T0:00:00" (there is
> a T between date and time), then Hermit understands, but Pellet throws a
> "NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/namespace/QName" error.

This latter exception isn't a reasoning bug; it's a packaging,
classpath problem in Pellet 2.1 which will be fixed soon in 2.1.1 and
in the associated Protege plugins. This looks like some kind of
reasoning bug because it's only triggered on these dateTime literals,
but it isn't really that kind of problem.