[protege-owl] does protege allow this kind of check consistency?

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Thu Apr 29 08:49:45 PDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 8:30 AM, Sara Paiva wrote:

> Thank you Thomas.
> In my specific case, with this small ontology I can´t make the
> classifier to tell me that my class is unsatisfiable.

As Thomas Schneider points out, unsatisfiability is not an error in
the ontology, but is a property that can be successfully used in
reasoning.  It is only when you create an individual belonging to an
unsatisfiable class that you get an error.

However, when I try this using Protege 3.4.4 and Pellet 1.5.2, I get a
report that the class is inconsistent.  Which is really not exactly
the behavior that I would have wanted.

> Do i run the "Classify" option in "Reasoner" menu?
>
> As for the properties i created them just like i mentioned below
> "Equivalent classes" like:
>
> dp_nr_pages value 1
> dp_nr_pages value 2
>
> is this correct?

dp_nr_pages is a FunctionalProperty, correct?  Otherwise it is allowed
to have more than one value.