[protege-owl] OWL Walker

Paulo_ip charbel_el_kaed at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:35:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

I would like an advice on what to use a reasoner, SPARQL, SWRL or simply OWL
Walker?

I have an ontology with

Classes:
Class: Device
SubClass: LightDevice

Class:Service
SubClass: SwitchPower

Class: Action
SubClass: TurnOn
SubClass: TurnOFF

Properties:
Device hasService Service
Service hasAction Action

LightDevice hasService SwitchPower
SwitchPower hasAction TrunOn
SwitchPower hasAction TrunOFF

While I am applying some ontology matching, I want to walk through some
classes again.
For instance, if I am treating the SubClass  SwitchPower, I want to be able
to retrieve information from the ontology about this subclass.
I want to know what Device it belongs to (lightDevice) and what actions it
have (TrunOff and TrunOn)

Can anybody can give me an advice on what can I use to do so ? and how can I
use it ?

I looked on the
http://owlapi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/owlapi/v3/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/coode/owlapi/examples/Example13.java?view=markup
OWL Walker
but couldn't actually figure out how to adapt it to my use case. And maybe
there is a simpler and more efficient way to do so ?

Thanks in advance,
Paulo.