[protege-owl] How to connect to jess rule engine from java

Rahul rahul.patadia at my.westminster.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 12:11:22 PDT 2010

martin,

thanks for the reply, i have an evaluation copy of jess engine running on my
system.

in that case, is it possible to give me an overview of what i should do if i
have to execute some swrl rules using the jess engine

i have checked the swrlapi, and also the bridge information given on it, but
i am not able to channelise the information, as to; whether i need to invoke
the rule engine first or the bridge factory or something else, i am confused
about the whole thing.

it would be great if somebody can help me sort out the information.

On 3 August 2010 19:36, Martin O'Connor <martin.oconnor at stanford.edu> wrote:

> You need a licensed version of Jess (or an evaluation copy).
>
> All SWRLTab APIs are documented here:
>
> http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLAPI
>
> Martin
>
> Rahul wrote:
>
>>  hi all,
>>  can somebody please tell me how can i /connect to/ and /invoke/ jess
>> engine from a java standalone program?
>>  i have imported the necessary /.jar/ files,
>>  the .jar files being: /jess.jar /and/ swrl-jess-bridge.jar/
>> // do i need to have a licensed version of the jess engine running on my
>> system or the /.jar/ files which i have imported are sufficient for
>> connecting to jess engine/?/
>>  thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Thanks and Regards,