[protege-owl] import ontologies

Zhuk, Yefim Yefim.Zhuk at
Thu Aug 5 05:07:12 PDT 2010

I'd think of this way: keep your ontology in a special microtheory in Cyc (OpenCyc) and export from Cyc into OWL to work with Protégé. Cyc's inference engine will help you to check for integrity.

Will this work for you?

From: protege-owl-bounces at [mailto:protege-owl-bounces at] On Behalf Of selma selma
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:47 AM
To: protege-owl at
Subject: [protege-owl] import ontologies

I'm working with Cyc ontology, and I want to use only a fragment of this ontology and extend it with some concepts or properties (by specializing some classes for example). I wanna know if there is a plugin in Protege that allows the definition of a fragment of an existing ontology and that checks its syntactic and semantic coherence.
Thank you.

This E-Mail has been scanned for viruses.