[protege-owl] how to use concept definition as part of SQWRL query?

shugyousha s.jegen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 06:25:22 PDT 2010

Martin O'Connor wrote:

> You could also use the TBox built-in library but it does not yet have
> all the necessary built-ins to work with OWL restrictions. I plan to
> extend the set of available built-ins in the next few months. However,
> the TBox built-ins are designed to answer low-level queries about the
> structure of an ontology. Ideally, you should model your domain in a way
> that would not require their use.

I have a follow-up question to the built-ins for OWL restrictions. There
seems to be a bigger number of them now in the tbox.owl library:

 <swrl:Builtin rdf:ID="isOWLAllValuesFromRestriction"/>
  <swrl:Builtin rdf:ID="isOWLEquivalentClassAxiom"/>

  <swrl:Builtin rdf:ID="isOWLRestriction"/>
  <swrl:Builtin rdf:ID="isOWLHasValueRestriction"/>
  <swrl:Builtin rdf:ID="isOWLMinCardinalityRestriction"/>
  <swrl:Builtin rdf:ID="isOWLCardinalityRestriction"/>
  <swrl:Builtin rdf:ID="isOWLMaxCardinalityRestriction"/>

Sadly I wasn't able to find any documentation on them. Do you think they
could be used to find all classes that contain individuals which fulfill any
of the restrictions of any of the other classes in an ontology for example?
I would be happy if they only would let me bind restrictions to variables
and check for their fulfillment though...