[protege-owl] import ontologies

selma selma selma_khouri at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 8 16:02:05 PDT 2010

DESIGNING SEMANTIC DATA WAREHOUSES WITH MULTIDIMENSIONAL CONCEPThank you Jeff and Thomas for your answers. Jeff,
Actually I think that this way of doing does not guarantee that all relevant axioms will be imported in the “local” ontology.Thomas,
I read with great interest some papers dealing with ontology modularity.

I’m particularly interested by the approach proposed in this paper:

Jiménez-Ruiz et al. “Safe and economic re-use of ontologies: A
logic-based methodology and tool support”. In Proc. of the 5th European
Semantic Web Conference.

It is mentioned that the proposed algorithm for extracting modules has been implemented and is available in the editor Swoop.
Is it available in Protégé too? And is it accessible with Protégé Owl API (is it possible to use it from an external application)?I wanna also know if a link between the importing and the imported ontology is saved? If yes, how is it saved?Thank you.