[protege-owl] import ontologies

Thomas Schneider schneidt at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 00:01:09 PDT 2010

Hi Selma,

the module extraction algorithm in the paper you cited is implemented
in the OWL API (not the Protégé-OWL API though) and in a prototype of
a Protégé 4 plugin available at:

   http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/2008/iswc-modtut/

Furthermore, you can always use the web service at

   http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/modularity/

in your application.

The implementation in Swoop is preliminary and not maintained, so we
don't recommend using it.

Cheers

Thomas